Sunday, January 5, 2014

6 weeks post op

So it's been a while since I posted. Pretty slack really. To be honest there isn't a lot to post about. Recovery has gone smooth. No more draining is needed and swelling has gone right down. I was warned about eating too much over Christmas, but I think I've don't pretty good in that area. Tomorrow will mark 6 weeks since surgery. :) On Friday my corset came off. It was starting to hurt more with in on then off. I think that was due to the swelling going right down. I havnt put it back on since. Feels a bit weird with clothing against skin, as I don't have full feeling back in my belly yet. This morning when I got dressed I noticed the tape was coming off. I found some more in the cupboard so decided to do a change of dressing. 
It's looking pretty good I reckon! Very happy with the scar line and how neat it is. Dr Anderson did a wonderful job. She said its due to her little fingers being able to do small stitches. 
I wasn't sure how long dressing is supposed to stay on. My next appointment isn't til the 16th of Jan. I figured it won't hurt to keep in on til then. 

I'm not sure if you can see, but on the right side is a little lump. It's hard, and in the beginning I thought it was an infection under the cut. They never said anything at appointments so I didn't worry. Maybe I just had a wonky hip bone? 
Well I remembered... When I was 17 maybe, I fell while ice skating. 
Ok it was more then a fall, it was an epic stack that should have been filmed. I had grazed arms and hit on my right side. I slid half the arena! There was blood and bruising, but no tears (I was with boys) When it happened I remember a lump but it's been covered by pregnancy, fat and a flap of skin for so long I forgot about it. I'm going to ask if they noticed anything during surgery at my appointment. 

It's hard to get a decent picture. Hopefully this gives an idea of how big it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment