Friday, November 29, 2013

Days 3 and 4 of recovery

Yesterday I was able to pretty much stand upright! :) it takes a while to get there but it is achievable. I did have pain on my sides and throughout the day it became worse. I had to go to get another girdle. One is not enough considering how often you wear it. You get them from burnside lingere at burnside plaza. There are so many options of the girdle/brace. I was told to get the one that looks like a leotard. 'POOF' $140 gone! That was only for 1. So speaking to Tina (she had a TT don't the day after mine) she bought a wrap around one that was only $80! So I went In store, looking like a bogan, and asked for another brace. They gave me a wrap one that only cost $44 SWEET :) 
Next my hubby and I went to look at a vacuum and spotlight. I pretty much walked in and out of the stores. I felt ok. Long stretches of walking took my breath away, only due to be so tightly compressed but no extra pain. (Also cannot speak long sentences or talk loudly at the kids) 
We got back to the in-laws, which is where I have been staying since coming home from hospital, so I don't get accidentally attacked by a kid and also so my hubby only has 3 kids to chase after not 4. I changed my brace over. I was planning on showering but still have yet to do it. Gross hey! Baby wipes and decoderent do a pretty good job. Anyway, when I took the girdle off the pain came and I could tell why! Cue brushing! :( the side zip from the girdle was sitting on my wound and digging in to where they did lipo. It stung. I put the other wrap on and it helped a bit but I did use pain killers that night. I slept well and was able to take one cushion from under my knees. Only using 2. This morning I felt good again. Swelling has gone down significantly since last night and the pain has almost gone completely. At some points I do get a stabbing/pulling pain on my left side. I think it has a bit to do with how the other girdle was sitting on the wound. My tummy has also been itchy. Good sign that it's healing :) 

MORE RUDIE PICTURES OF ME!!


Just after taking the first girdle off. Lighting isn't the best. You can see how low my cut is. :)


Closer view. I'm not happy with my muffin tops at this point, hoping it's just swelling and will go down. I use to be a box shape and coz I'm so short I don't really like the hourglass figure. Makes me look shorter. But as I said early days, fingers crossed it's swelling. 


Right side


Left side - note the tummy swelling

Left side bruising and you can see the marks on my side where the zipper from the girdle sat. Right over the big bloody wound part. This is where the majority of my pain is coming from. Also the sharp pulling.

Right brusing 

New guirdle sits a lot better. No digging in.


And for the record, random bruising on the top of my thighs. I don't think I want to know how that bruising got there!










No comments:

Post a Comment