Saturday, November 30, 2013

Is it over yet? Day 5 of recovery

I went home last night. I wish I hadn't! I am a person that doesn't enjoy not being able to help myself. I don't like reling on people, or asking for help. So understandably this has been a hard week for me. It has also been humbling. Others find it easy to let people do things for them. I like to be the one serving. It brings me great happiness to serve others. I have an amazing husband who constantly reminds me of this. How can others gain the blessings of service if you deny them the opportunity to serve you. 
Yes I know I know is often my reply.
Well last night and today proved just how hard it is and how much I need to overcome. We got home and I sat in the recliner while Joshua got the boys and bags out the car, washed the boys, TPTPYS (toilet, pjs, teeth, prayer, yoga, scriptures) then put them to bed. I listened to yelling and crying and cries out for mum. It was hardest not giving full cuddles especially from my 1yr old. Then Joshua helped me, made me comfy. Eventually we went to bed too. He helped me in and put the pillows under my knees and put the covers on. 
I woke up sore. Mostly in my back. My lower back is now carrying my whole body. The muscles up my spine hurt and my ongoing pinched sciatica nerve is flaring up. Back cramp, I think is the worst cramp! 
Now it's Sunday and After climbing into my rocking chair I've stayed here all morning. Joshua fed and entertained the boys. Youngest has been put down for a sleep. I got up and made lunch but my back forced me back into the chair. 
Now Joshua is begging to get the boys dressed. 
I know I should enjoy it. It should feel like it's his turn after all the weeks he's spent away but instead it's hard! It hurts a bit too. It's my job. I'm the mother. I should be caring for them. 
I'm ready to be better. I had 5 days already. After all my csections I was all good by day 5. Sure I was restricted in lifting but I could do anything else. I could be a mother properly after 5 days. 
This just feels like the healing is taking it's jolly little time!
I'm over it!
I want to stand up strait
I want to lay flat
I want these stupid compressed stockings off
I want to hug my kids and help my hubby
There are 24 days until Christmas and I've done nothing!
The pain recovery is no more or less then a csection but being out of action is def slower. 
I expected to be in more pain for the first week then able to move quicker. Instead I've got hardly any pain and a long slow recovery. 
Did I mention I'm a bit impatient? 

No comments:

Post a Comment