Sunday, November 10, 2013

Post Tallyn and Baby No 2.

Its not until i look back now, i realise how just one baby can change your body!




Eamon


We wanted kids close together. When Tallyn was 6 weeks, Joshua left for RAAF Boot Camp for 3 months. We found out Christmas 2009 that we were going to have no 2.
I hoped it was a girl. 
The pregnancy wasn't too bad. I remember being tired, big and extremely sore. My hips and lower back gave me alot of issues.
The last few months gave me extremely low blood pressure and i would faint alot. One day i woke up on my very pregnant belly and once again had to be taken for obs at the hospital.
His due date (scheduled C-Section) was the 3rd of Sep. We never made it. Joshua awoke for work around 5:30am on the 18th of Aug. I too awoke coz i needed to pee. I went to the toilet and BAM full on contractions. I cave it an hr and just before he walked out the door for work i said i think its happening today. We called the hospital and during the call had to pause for a contraction. I could hear them on the other end, "is she really in labour?" "yeh i think so, can you hear her" "yeh tell her to come in." Oh goodie they believed me! :)
We arrived at the hospital at 7am. the monitored me and explained that the surgeons didn't arrive til later. I was given Morphine and Pethidine and waited until 1pm. 
Not a nice thing to do to a pregnant lady!
Just before signing the C-Section papers, a Dr came in and examined me. She said i was dilated to 0.5cms and that i could try for a vbac. She didn't think i would have issues this time around even after explaining the situation of failure to progress and large head bones with Tallyn.
She pushed for a vbac telling me that being 3 weeks early chances are he would be around 6pounds.
I wasn't changing my plan at the last minute that both me and the Midwife had discussed for the last 7 months.
Eamon was born via C-Section at 1:20 something pm. He was 7lbs 11oz and his head was bigger then Tallyns.
Recovery was harder and longer. Beds were manual so i had to call the nurse anytime i needed to sit up. The stay in hospital was a blur. I was given Endone (actually love that stuff!) and i felt bad that i had to give them my baby to look after while i recovered a bit. Joshua couldn't get time off, so the usual 2 weeks parental leave never happened. I came home day 4 because my bed was better. Besides some family help i was pretty much thrown into life with 2 boys.
Did i do too much to early?... Probably but i had no choice. 
Just suck it up and Keep Moving Forwards.

21 weeks

24 weeks

gotta love a daddy in uniform

Eamon

6 months

6 months

around 30 weeks

32 weeks

32 weeks

love the rocking chair!

35 weeks and maternity tops are starting not to fit

Waiting to go in

Blessing Day 1.5 weeks old


No comments:

Post a Comment